Interviews des dev'

Des informations utiles avec leur source : captures d'écran ou liens d'interviews.

Modérateur : Fondateur

Nëmfall

Interviews des dev'

Messagepar Nëmfall » 14 Mai 2014, 13:45

The event was great and really exciting. I've never seen GW2 hyped up so much. It was pretty grandiose :P Here's my album of the event. Lots of stuff to see!
I got a chance to ask some questions with Colin Johanson, Jeff Grubb, and Ree Soesbee regarding some obscure lore and The Festival of the Four Winds. Here's what I got!

Festival of the Four Winds
For Chinese players and anyone coming in who missed LS Season 1
Will have opportunities to get guaranteed rewards from past LS events (I'm guessing things like the Gas Mask/Molten Gauntlets, gear from the meta achievements).
Rare drops from past LS events, eg. Monocle and Molten Backpack will not be available for NA/EU but might be for China.
Will have secrets and teases for upcoming LS Season 2 Events
Sylvari Physiology (requested by an RP friend of mine)
Sylvari have a full functioning digestive system. Most of their nutrition comes from food just like any other race. Their excrement is something like mulch.
Photosynthesis is like a meditative supplement.
Sylvari can mate, but cannot reproduce.
Sylvari don't have hearts, but they have sap running through them.

Multiple Worlds and The Mists
The Mists are proto-matter. Everything that has, does, and will exist is made out of The Mists.
The Mists have 'memory,' both past and future (Fractals, PvP maps, etc.)
Tyria exists has multiple worlds, but not like a traditional 'infinite multiple-worlds' setting where there's divergance based on probability (eg. One universe where Snaff is dead and another universe where he isn't).
There is a set number of "versions" of Tyria, and that's the servers: Tarnished Coast, Blackgate, Gate of Madness, etc. Each server is another version of Tyria (or "world") that exists within the Mists.
Player characters are unique to every world. There are no "alternate versions" of player characters that exist parallel in other worlds.
Important NPC's however, (Destiny's Edge, Kiel, Magnus, Scarlet, etc.) are constants across all versions of Tyria for a reason not yet clear.
World Vs. World is where all of these different versions of Tyria fight each other for resources in their own respective battles with the Elder Dragons, (The Borderlands and such are the literal borderlands between different versions of Tyria).
As said before, The Mists hold "memory" of both past and future. These "memories" include possibilities, or "potential energy" of what CAN happen in the future. An example of this would be the Infinity Ball in the Asura Personal Story. The alternate version of the player character that invades isn't actually from an alternate reality/world, but from a potential future that exists within The Mists.
The vast majority of the citizens of Tyria have no knowledge of the multiple worlds because they already have too much to worry about to be bothered with it. Mist Warriors who participate in The Mist Wars however, will have some (albeit very limited) understanding of it.
I think there was more I asked them, and I'm trying to remember! I'll edit this post of anything pops up! Can't wait for the Festival of the Four Winds!
Hanaraka

Re: C'est confirmé, les sylvaris font caca.

Messagepar Hanaraka » 14 Mai 2014, 14:25

Sylvari have a full functioning digestive system. Most of their nutrition comes from food just like any other race. Their excrement is something like mulch.
Photosynthesis is like a meditative supplement.
Sylvari don't have hearts, but they have sap running through them.

.. On en avait 3/4 de bon, c'est déjà ça...
*disappointed*
Amynarmëh
Agent du chaos

Messagepar Amynarmëh » 14 Mai 2014, 14:49

*Evil laugh*
Cappaeriel

Messagepar Cappaeriel » 14 Mai 2014, 15:08

On savait déjà que leur estomac était un genre de pitcher plant. Bon, après, certes, faut bien se débarrasser de ce qui n'est pas digéré.
Les implications rôlistiques sont immenses et changeront tout à notre manière de jouer. Ou pas xD. Merci de la retransmission, Nëm !
Nëmfall

Messagepar Nëmfall » 14 Mai 2014, 15:11

THINK OF THE POSSIBILITY.

Quand vous voyez un sylvari qui a des problèmes de coeur, RIEZ LUI AU NEZ EN LE POINTANT DU DOIGT.

*fuit*
Cypries
GM à la retraite

Messagepar Cypries » 14 Mai 2014, 15:25

Nëmfall

Messagepar Nëmfall » 14 Mai 2014, 15:34

*hhhhh* Elle me met en doute ! *shotgun*
Amynarmëh
Agent du chaos

Messagepar Amynarmëh » 14 Mai 2014, 15:43

Quand vous voyez un sylvari qui a des problèmes de coeur

Sachant que c'était établi depuis longtemps qu'ils n''avaient pas de coeur, y a vraiment des rôlistes qui ont déjà joué ça ?
(Bon après vu que la plupart des sources d'infos sont en Anglais et qu'il faut fouiner sur les divers sites proposant des interviews, j'imagine que pas mal de joueurs sont pas forcément au courant de tout. :T)
Nëmfall

Messagepar Nëmfall » 15 Mai 2014, 01:48

Un peu plus de précision quand même...

Sylvari Have No Hearts: From memory, Ms. Soesbee explained to me that Sylvari don't have the pump mechanism to move sap through their bodies. Instead, Sylvari use the same method used by other plants for sap transportation. Some quick wikipedia'ing tells me that sap can be moved via phloem, which could potentially be moved by the pressure flow hypothesis. I really wouldn't look too deep scientifically in this though, because Sylvari are basically magical plant people. For all we know, it could be magic moving the sap through their veins (if they have veins).

Sylvari Can Poop Mulch: It was explained to me that the main reason Sylvari can eat and poop is to make certain game mechanics make sense, eg. Sylvari learning cooking as a crafting profession, or Sylvari eating food buffs. If Sylvari are in-taking nutrition, there will have to be some form of waste disposal mechanism...so poop. I would try to offer some explanation regarding how the poop would be like mulch, like an absence of bacteria in the Sylvari gut or something, but really I have no idea. Ms. Soesbee kind of just mentioned "it would be like mulch" to me.
Hanaraka

Messagepar Hanaraka » 15 Mai 2014, 02:08

Pour le coeur, j'imagine que ce sont surtout des gens qui en combat contre un Sylvari décrètent "Je vise le coeur, mwahaha." (Ce qui peut être très drôle si c'est contre un joueur Sylvari au courant qu'il en a pas, et qui laisse faire en considérant que le personnage en face est pas au courant. "Mais, tu devrais être mort ! è_é" "Fallait prendre des leçons d'anatomie. 8D" )

Revenir vers « Le Lore de Guild Wars 2 »